Friday, March 26, 2010

Gotta have...

Do you know about these?  They are silicone reusable muffin cups, and they.are.FABULOUS! ....and by fabulous, I mean you should get some.  They are worth it just to NOT lose half your cupcake/muffin taking off a paper liner.  Did I mention that they are reusable?  You don't even need to use a muffin pan.  You can put them on a tray or just put them directly in the oven.  That means, I can make Jiffy cornbread muffins while only using 6 of them instead of a whole muffin pan and have MUCH less of a mess to clean.  It also means you can freeze muffin batter in them and then....are you ready for this?....pop one in the toaster oven in the morning for a fresh baked muffin!  Add these to your birthday/Christmas/Mother's day/just because I'm nice list.  Unless you never make cupcakes or muffins....then don't.  You can find lots of choices for them here, but you can buy them at any kitchen store.

6 comments:

Becky H. said...

Interesting... I have a love/hate thing with silicone bakeware (the hate part is probably a little strong :-)). I LOVE the flexible mats because nothing makes rolling out cookie dough easier. But I find that it's little stinky in the oven which has kept me on normal bakeware for muffin tins and bread pans. Do you find that? Also, do you grease them at all?

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...

I've always wondered how well these work. I had a silicone bread pan and it always burnt my bread. These sure take up a lot less room than a muffin tin though! And I'm always looking for ways to make space since I only have 4 cupboards

Alana said...

Ooooh! Those are AWESOME!!!

jj said...

I always wondered if those were worth it. Thanks for the tip.

Kristen said...

i have always wondered how those work. thanks for the tip. i will have to look into getting those... i love the idea for putting them in the freezer with the batter. what an awesome way to make hot muffins for breakfast with no prep.

Denise said...

i need these too!