Yeah!!! I made it! THIS my friends, is my 100th post. It is sort of a blogging tradition to do something special for your 100th post. Some do giveaways, some share a special story about their lives, and many do lists of things about themselves. Since I haven't done a list like this in quite some time, and many of you are new to reading my blog and don't know me very well, I thought I would share some facts about ME.
FYI...I am also planning a giveaway soon, so come back to visit!
1. I broke my nose and my right leg on two separate occasions.
2. I am a night owl and my husband is a morning bird....but neither of us are extreme about these preferences.
3. I met my husband on a blind date (thank you Sarah and Jason).
4. We have been married for 6 years.
5. We went to St Lucia for our honeymoon and stayed in the most BEAUTIFUL room. It literally only had 3 walls. It was high in the mountains and looked over the rainforest and ocean. To see the sun setting over the ocean was amazing.
6. We endured a lot of mocking for choosing a room with only 3 walls for our honeymoon....we know 6 couples that have gone there since they saw our pictures.
8. I will accept bribes for secrets about either of these ladies (just kidding).
9. I am an occupational therapist.
10. My daughter has been "talking" for the last 45 min instead of taking a much needed nap.
11. I have one older sister, Lisa.
12. I love to scrapbook. I do one large family album each year and then have other albums for major events like our wedding, honeymoon, cruise vacation, etc. I also did a baby album for myself, one for Patrick with all his pictures prior to meeting me, albums for my mom, dad, and sister of their childhoods, and an album of all the paper stuff from my childhood (report cards, newspaper articles, awards, my college acceptance letter, notes I passed to my parents in church, etc.).
13. My husband and I are addicted to Lost, but we are only on season 2, so we watch it whenever we want.
14. I grew up in a small town, and I love small town life.
15. I have also lived in a city, and there are aspects to this life that I like. SO, the perfect situation for me is to live in a small town that is only a few hours from several large cities.
16. We will probably move back to my hometown after Patrick's military career.
17. Patrick loves my hometown.
18. My entire family (aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, sister) all live in the same county with the exception of one cousin who lives a few hours away.
19. My birthday is August 29.
20. I like to do sudoku puzzles.
21. I did an internship in Pakistan and lived there for a little over 2 months.
22. After that internship, I lived with my cousin, Lee, and his wife, JJ, for a month in Hong Kong.
23. I don't do well with caffeine (although I like coffee...I usually just pick decaf).
24. I am the middle cousin on both sides of my family. There are 4 older and 4 younger on my dad's side, and there are 7 older and 7 younger on my mom's side.
25. If I was a boy, my parents were going to name me Kale.
26. I eat ice cream almost every day.
27. I am 5' 2" tall and I weigh...YEAH RIGHT ! (let's just say it is more than before my daughter came around)
28. I play the flute, piano (although at this point, I play mostly chords. I don't read music as well as I used to), and some guitar.
29. I want to learn to play the guitar better while living in Korea.
30. I am a good cook, and I like to cook and bake a variety of foods.
31. I am blessed that my husband enjoys this variety (Indian, good-old American meat and potatoes, Italian, Mexican, seafood, and anything else I want to attempt).
32. Growing up, we had dessert with every meal, and they were always homemade.
33. My mom is an excellent cook and taught me a lot, but I call her "the stifled chef" because my father (and my sister and I growing up) is a picky eater and she is limited on what she can make or everyone complains.
34. We went bike riding a lot as a family when I was a kid. We would take our bikes to the beach, we went on trips to Washington DC a few times each year, and we would ride around at home. These are some of my favorite memories.
35. Nothing beats a full body massage, especially one with hot rocks. I also will never pass up a pedicure. One of my favorite finds in my hometown is the cosmetology school that gives 1 hours facials for $12 and 1 hour pedicures for $15.
36. I love to shop.
37. I love to find a great deal.
38. I love to shop with other people and help them spend their money.
39. I am a good ping-pong player.
40. I love to take pictures.
41. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain.
42. I have been on two cruises, both in the Caribbean.
43. We are going on a New Zealand/Australia cruise....we leave tomorrow!!!
44. I talk to my mom almost every day.
45. I talk a lot...sometimes too much.
46. I hate cigarette smoke.
47. I am great at multi-tasking.
48. I have been a wedding coordinator for a few friends/family, and I LOVED it. I am good with details and it takes a lot to get me stressed.
49. I am good at card games.
50. I decorate my house for every season.
51. I've only been skiing once in my life.
52. My husband skis and snowboards well.
53. My middle name is Anne.
54. I like to read.
55. I am reading more this year than I have in the past.
56. I love oatmeal in things (oatmeal raisin cookies, baked oatmeal, apple crisp), but I don't like oatmeal.
57. I am not a cat person.
58. My husband is a cat person.
59. Before we married, he promised me he would be fine with not owning a cat as long as I live. He enjoys playing with other people's cats.
60. I am terrible at trivia games.
61. My lack of knowledge about historical events is embarrassing.
62. I was voted "most friendly" for my senior yearbook.
63. I still keep in touch with a lot of my high school friends.
64. My first job was in a daycare center.
65. I love to go out for dinner.
66. I dislike most fast food restaurants.
67. I like snow.
68. I can write in calligraphy.
69. I am working on a needlepoint project to make chair covers for 6 antique chairs. This will take me MANY years.
70. I love going to the theatre, concerts, plays, or anything else cultural.
71. Patrick and I took a Bradley birthing class when I was pregnant, and I had my daughter through natural childbirth after 24 hours of labor.
72. I am not a picky eater, but mayonnaise is on my NO list.
73. I eat a lot...this is a constant source of entertainment at family gatherings with my in-laws.
74. My husband and I had a Christmas wedding (Dec 22).
75. I took Spanish in high school and a semester in college.
76. I used to be able to hold a conversation in Spanish, but now...not so good.
77. I never had stitches (until the one stitch I needed after childbirth....does that count?).
78. The card my husband gets me for my birthday, Christmas, our anniversary, etc is more important to me than a gift.
79. There are records of Christians in my family that go back to the 1600's.
80. My husband and I want to take ballroom dancing lessons someday.
81. I don't like bowling.
82. I bought my first computer at the end of college.
83. It is hard to think of 100 random facts about yourself!
84. I have never been to Europe (but we have friends that just found out their next station is in England and another who is going to be stationed in Germany for the next three years!).
85. I didn't like seafood when I got married, but I taught myself to like it (my husband loves it and it is good for me).
86. I love hosting and going to tea parties (if you have never been to one, you are going to have to trust me on this one....hosting a tea party is FAR more work than making Thanksgiving dinner).
87. Because they are so much work, I don't host them often.
88. I love dishes, especially seasonal ones.
89. When I was a kid, we had motorcycles that we would ride in the fields behind our house (see, not everything I do is "all girl"). It was SO fun!!!
90. I change my jewelry to match my outfit. The only piece I don't change is my wedding/engagement ring.
91. I especially like jewelry sets.
92. My husband bought me an amethyst necklace and earrings when Adeline was born (her birthstone) to pass on to her someday.
93. We are doing a year without TV while here in Korea.
94. Sara Groves is one of my favorite music artists.
95. I think the combo of mint and chocolate is always good.
96. I think it is funny that the theme of food is continuously popping up through this list in different forms.
97. One of my spiritual gifts is teaching.
98. I am good at organization but if you looked at my house most days, you would never believe that.
99. This year I am hoping to learn more about HTML so I can spruce up my blog.
100. I have been blessed immensely by those who read my blog and those whose blogs I read on a regular basis. Thank you for your love and support. Here's to 100 more posts!