Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Markets

Here's one more post from activities from my parents' visit. Yes, I DID take my mom to that happy place known as the Flower Market. In fact, we made two visits there.




The orchids are astounding here.

The last visit to the flower market was en route to Namdaemun Market (this is Roots x 10 for those from my home town).  My mom kept saying, "so they do this EVERY day!"  "Yes, mom, every day."  This is the place to find great deals, bring your bargaining hat, and be amazed.  They have everything from shoes and clothes to strawberries and strange unidentifiable Korean cuisine.  I think everyone really enjoyed this experience.



7 comments:

Kristen said...

I am so glad you are having such a fun visit with your family! The flower market is amazing :o)

Momma Roar said...

The flowers are gorgeous!

Shouldn't everyone have a Roots? :)

Mari said...

What a fun place to visit. I think I could go a little crazy there!

krista said...

What a fun trip! Those flowers are so beautiful--what a dangerous place for me I'm afraid. I wouldn't be able to pick just 1 bouquet's worth!
I am eagerly awaiting fairer weather for a venture to ROOTS myself. :-)

Jenni S. said...

Being a shopper, you are totally making me want to go to Korea! :) The flower market does look quite cheery!

Short Stop said...

Those flowers are gorgeous. I'm sure your Mom was in heaven! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Lynn,

Thanks for sharing the pictures! We enjoyed looking at them. The flowers are so beautiful. Can't wait for spring here!

We just got back from a drive around town. Got to see the library and other places that we plan to visit.

Yesterday Lisa and Carrie got lunch together at McDonalds. Yum! Yum! We even had fun playing with the happy meal princess toys! :-)

Hope you are enjoying your cruise! Don't get too sunburned.

Love,
Lisa! (and Carrie)