Saturday, May 3, 2008

Same Kind of Different as Me

My friend, Jenni, recently did this review of Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore.  This book was already on my pile of books to read, so when she gave it rave reviews, it moved up a few notches, and I finished it yesterday.  She already wrote an eloquent review, so I will trust you to click on the link to her site if you are interested.  I will just say that this is a true story, and only God could orchestrate a plot like this.  

8 comments:

Kristen said...

I am so anxious to read this book - I had better hurry up and finish Anna!! Maybe this will be my first book to read when I am done :o)

Short Stop said...

Jenni gave me her copy to read. I'm finishing up an advanced reader copy of another book, and then starting it. I'm fascinated by her review and now yours.

Zoanna said...

Unrelated to your post, but I wanted to drop by and thank you for your suggestion for Amicci's on my blog. Our family ate there in March and LOVED it. I had ruled it out for our senior dinner, though, because it wasn't formal enough. After your suggestion, I ruled it back in, called them, but the answer was no, they don't have a private room for 13. We have pretty much decided on Aldo's for dinner and Vaccarro's for dessert.
EVer been to either?

Janelle said...

A friend of mine also just read this and LOVED it. I am trying to find time to read again.

Earen said...

Well, my blog friends know I'm not a huge reader, but after reading all your reviews, I might just have to check it out!

Mari said...

I checked out her review and it sound s really good. I'll have to look for this one!

Jenni S. said...

YAY! So glad you liked it - I'm still thinking about that book!

Momma Roar said...

I love to read and love to hear suggestions - I'm marking this down as one I'd like to read! Thanks for sharing!

And YAY about moving closer to me!