Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Adeline Makes Friends

As usual, Adeline seems to draw attention where ever we go in Korea (as do other children...especially blonde haired, blue eyed ones).  Here are some more pictures from our trip to the Korean Folk Village.


Watching Adeline play with this little Korean girl was priceless.  



Here is something else that happens a lot in Korea that just does not happen in the US.  People (including grown men) will want to pose for a picture with Adeline.  This is especially popular among teenagers, but it happens with men and women of all ages.  While I was watching one of the shows and Patrick was watching Adeline, he said people were constantly coming up to take her picture....almost always using a camera phone.


This little boy chased her all over the place.  It was too cute!



And, of course, here is Adeline's friend, Caden, who came to the park with us.

14 comments:

Monica said...

Cute pictures, that little Korean girl is adorable. That is too funny that total strangers want pics with your little doll.

Krazy Fam said...

I know!!! I always wonder what they do with pics of our kids. I expect to see them on My Space or something. "This is the cute American kid I saw today." Too funny!

Just Mom said...

Too cute.

Momma Roar said...

Such cute pictures of all the kiddos!!!!!


Btw, I tagged you today! :-D

That's what you get for giving me a hard time at JM's! heehee

keenbliss said...

Love the one with the Korean dad and baby on his shoulder. One of my favorite Korean pictures is e at the Korean Fold Village, except you can't see him at all, just the crowd of teenaged girls gathered all around him!

jj said...

I love her belly in the pic with the little girl. Yum!

Kara said...

So cute! I remember my friend Shauna saying the same thing happened when she went to adopt her daughter in China. Shauna has blonde hair and blue eyes and she said you would've thought she was a celebrity with all the photos everyone wanted to take of her. Looks like you are getting all sorts of fun experiences while living there. Enjoy your time.

Earen said...

So, that's so interesting about everyone coming up to take a picture with your daughter! Of course, why wouldn't you want to...she's stinkin' darling!!

Jenni S. said...

She's totally a superstar with her own papparazzi (?sp) and everything! So cute!

Short Stop said...

That belly (in the first pic)...oh, I just love it!

I think I'm gonna get a pair of shoes just like hers! :) They're rockin'.

Jen said...

How precious! She's outgoing and makes friends easily, just like her mommy!

Anonymous said...

I love your observations and comments on "The Land of Not Quite Right". You should write a book about it.

Mari said...

That is so funny! Of course she is really cute. I hope she doesn't get a big head from all this attention! :)

Anonymous said...

Well, of course they want to take her picture! It's not often they see such a cute little girl in pink crocs!

Lauren