Monday, December 17, 2007

Anniversary plans in jeopardy!

This Saturday, December 22, Patrick and I are celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary.  It happens that the travel service on base was offering a trip to see the Nutcracker ballet in Seoul that day.  We thought this would be a great date night, so we found a sitter and planned to spend the day away at the ballet and then at a nice dinner.  Well, Patrick heard a rumor at work that the trip was cancelled.  I called to investigate and it turns out the theatre burned!!!  Pure craziness!  What are the odds?!?  As I'm complaining, my sweet husband says, "at least it didn't burn while we were there!"  I guess it is all a matter of perspective.....

Since many of you have been here longer than we have,  I am hoping that someone has a plan B for how we can spend our anniversary.  After all, it would be a shame to waste a day with a sitter already scheduled!  Help!  Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Jenni S. said...

Hope you get it worked out. Unfortunately I am no help for entertainment ideas in Seoul. But I'll pray you find something fun!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can go to the movies instead and enjoy a lovely dinner out too.

Aunt Karen

Jenna Stitzel said...

I thought of somethings you can do..."Nanta" is a broadway type of show in Seoul. VERY GOOD! You can book it through Dragon Hill...OR the DMZ...not very romantic, but you can't take kids there under the again of 10 and if you wanted to do that while you were here...ya got the sitter lined up already! :) I'll call you to make sure you have the Dragon Hill number etc...Hope this helps! Happy Anniversary!

Jenna Stitzel said...

I just reread my comment...you can't book Nanta through the DMZ...that's my idea #2...GO to the DMZ if you can still get in to go! :) I'm sure you figured that out though...