Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Works for me Wednesday

Coffee filters.......AMAZING devices.  I read an article on this a long time ago in Simple & Delicious magazine.  I don't subscribe to this, so I don't really know where I got the magazine, but my mom recently reminded me of some of their uses.  

*They are great, individual, disposable bowls for snacks (popcorn, dry cereal, grapes, pretzels, etc).  Kids can grab the sides of them easier than paper towels to carry snacks to a desired (and allowed) location.
*Before handing ice cream bars or popsicles to kids, slide each wooden stick through a coffee filter to help prevent drips on little fingers (the messy face is a whole new problem).
*Place them over a bowl or plate to prevent splatters in the microwave.
*Use them as disposable plates for sandwiches or veggies for trips in the car.
*Oh, and you can also use them to brew coffee.  ;o)

   They are cheap and come in large quantities....a dollar for several hundred at the dollar store.  Plus, they don't tear easily when wet (for snacks like grapes or fresh veggies) like paper towels do.  I now keep a stack of them on my counter.  Coffee filters work for me! 

Go here for more WFMW tips...

7 comments:

Julie Bagamary said...

They are great to stamp on for handmade cards and quilted art projects too.

Just Mom said...

Great idea! I was wondering what I was going to do with my coffee filters, now that I don't drink coffee anymore.

Anonymous said...

Love these ideas!

Mari said...

Great tips! I use them to wipe my mirrors dry.

Muthering Heights said...

And you can make pretty flowers out of them! :)

jj said...

Oh man. I already use them for snacks! I am a genius for coming up with such a great idea! I should have published it somewhere. They are also fun to color with markers - get them wet after coloring and let them dry - very pretty.

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

BRILLIANT!!! Def gonna give them a try!!