Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Grilled Cheese Party

Since I'm way behind on posting, why not take a step back and post about this fun party we hosted this fall...

My friend, Rachel, had the idea (okay, it was from a magazine) for a grilled cheese party.  She hosted a party like this before with great success, and she invited Nancy (because she is fun) and me (because my house could hold everyone) to be co-planners with her.  We invited everyone with preschool age kids from our church (because we had to draw the line somewhere).





The idea is to have regular grilled cheese for the kids (which is usually a crowd pleaser) and gourmet grilled cheese for the adults.  We used two large griddles, but the three of us still couldn't assemble fast enough.


We also served veggies, apples with caramel sauce, and roasted pepper and tomato soup (from Trader Joe's).  For dessert we had Rachel's pumpkin cake (you REALLY need to post that recipe Rach) and Nancy's truffle cheesecake (SO yummy!).









Adult grilled cheese options:
Gorgonzola and honey on wheat
Cheddar with mango chutney (also from TJ's) on wheat
Mozzarella, proshuto, and fresh basil on italian.

ALL CRAZY GOOD!!!


What better way to end a party than story time with Rachel?

Thanks everyone...it was a blast!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

how fun! i LOVE grilled cheese. this is a great idea.

Just Mom said...

"She hosted a party like this before with great success, and she invited Nancy (because she is fun) and me (because my house could hold everyone) to be co-planners with her."

LOL! Yes, a big house does mean you're asked to host parties. Often. LOL!

It looks like a fantastic idea. I might actually do that....

Thanks for sharing what you've been up to, even though you're a tad behind on the updates. ;-D

Momma Roar said...

What a great idea!!! Can I come next time? ;-P

Mari said...

What a fun party! Everyone loves grilled cheese!

Muthering Heights said...

Wow - that sounds like such a great idea for a party!!!

I may have to use that one! ;)

Mrs. Fix said...

YAY! Your post on this is so much better than mine! And you were definitely picked to be a cohost because YOU are FUN. Okay okay, and you have a big house.

Love the last picture reading "Spoon." Makes me regret not buying that book today....

Growin' With It said...

your header is awesome...such a great photo! and i consider myself very boring after seeing how i COULD be making grilled cheese sandwiches all this time! looks like fun.

Unknown said...

So, so fun!!!! You've officially brought up my painful realization that I no longer have a TJ's within a 20 mile radius. Ugh. I love my TJ's you know and that roasted red pepper and tomato soup is one of my favorites. In fact, I smuggled several boxes of it back to Missouri and just finished off the last one. Sigh. G

Glad you had so much fun! What a brilliant idea! Love it.