More benefits to our new working arrangement are...
1. Patrick and I have a built in date night every week (Thursday).
2. My mom is an amazing cook and has dinner waiting or started when we get home.
3. Mom helps to clean my house.
4. When I get home, my only job is to play with my baby girl. I don't come home to chaos. I don't have to figure out what we are going to eat (see #2).
5. In this crazy economy, this gives us and my parents a bit of extra cash.
Now, the only problem is finding steady work Thurs and Fri. The company where I worked before we left for Korea was able to plug me in a few weeks while other OT's were on vacation. I continued to call around to explore my options. There was one company that was recommended to me by a friend. They were very excited when I called, but the manager said Thurs and Fri were her most staffed days. She had some staff that worked Mon-Wed somewhere else and then worked for her on Thurs/Fri. She said she would do what she could and call me by the end of the week. She called me two days later and said, "You must have ESP." ummm..no, but I know this awesome God who is really good at arranging details in my life. Her Thurs/Fri OT resigned the day before. Suddenly she needed someone to fill the exact position I wanted!!! I start the first week in Dec. Praise God for His awesome provision!!!