Friday, November 7, 2008

I love Joseph...

Talk about a fun mail day...!!!!  Woo hoo!!!  This, is yet another advantage to living in Korea (one those of you who are still there MUST take advantage of...).  Joseph is a portrait painter stationed just outside the BX on base.  HE. IS. AMAZING!!!  After my photo session with Adeline when she was 6 weeks old, I planned to do something special with her and Patrick when she was around 1 yo.  This was perfect!  Here is the picture we gave him...


and here is his painting...
and a close up so you can see the detail...

I LOVE IT!!!  Thank you to the Evans family for shipping it to us (let me know how much we owe you for the packing....I saw how much the shipping was).  We game him the print almost two months before Patrick came home, but he was so backlogged, he wasn't able to finish it in time.  Joseph emailed me to say he is starting a website, and it may be up by next week.  You can email him pictures, and he will mail your portrait when he is finished.  You can even send him multiple pictures, and he can combine them into one (for example if you wanted a family photo, but someone was missing...he will add them in OR you have the perfect photo except for the little cherub with their finger strategically placed in his/her nose, he can fix that).  This is my new favorite memento of life in Korea (yes, it's even better than the purses).  I will probably give him more business in the future, and I'll let you know when his website is up so you can take advantage of his talent (and cheap prices) as well.

11 comments:

Jessica Brown said...

wow - this is GREAT! beautiful work!

Momma Roar said...

LYNN!! THAT IS AMAZING!!!

Wow!!! Both pictures are wonderful treasures!

Kristen said...

WOW! That picture is A.MAZ.ING! What a treasure.

Growin' With It said...

wowza...that is gorgeous. the picture is beautiful but the painting...simply gorgeous. what a treasure to have hanging in your new home.

hope you feel better soon btw!!

Anonymous said...

I love Joseph, too. How beautiful and such a great keepsake.

Monica said...

A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!
Great photo too. What an amazing talent Joseph has.

Christie said...

I love it! So glad you finally got it!

krista said...

That IS amazing! He truly has a gift...that is quite obvious.

(Ya know, I didn't even pick up on the artwork in Adeline's room being a painting until a commenter said so! How special to have one for Mommy AND Daddy!)

Jean said...

That is an absolute treasure. I too think it is so cool that you have two treasured paintings now - one of Adeline with you and then with Patrick.

Jenni S. said...

Oh my goodness - what a treasure! I'm totally checking him out as soon as the website is up!

Janelle said...

That is the best portrait I have seen from a photo. Sometimes they just look cheesy, but this one is BEAUTFUL!