This post is for all my friends living in Korea (notice I did not say Korean friends because most of you are not, in fact, Korean). My extroverted, Type A self is planning a group date for the Saturday after Valentine's Day (that would be Feb 16). Since there is a contingent of you that are now reading my blog, I thought this might be a good way to get the word out. The idea for this started when we were unable to get tickets to see Nanta for our anniversary.
For those who know nothing about Nanta, it has been described to me as being similar to a Stomp performance only using kitchen utensils instead of trash cans. There is a loose storyline that is nonverbal, thus no problem with the language barrier. It is supposed to have some humor and minimal audience participation (which makes it perfect for a group). For more information, you can click here. Okay, so here is the plan...
1. We leave on the 12:20 bus from Osan (because it is much more fun to travel with the group for our group date....plus with the bus lane, we will get there much faster on a Saturday).
2. We arrive at Yongsan at 1:30 and shop at Chosun until it closes at 3 (It's my trip, so of course there is shopping involved. But really, when you are at Yongsan sans kids on a Saturday, shouldn't there always be at least some effort to go to Chosun?).
3. We take the subway to see the 4:00 Nanta show (50,000 Won per ticket).
4. Dinner at Sables restaurant in Dragon Hill Lodge.
5. We take the 8:00 bus back to Osan.
I have reserved 14 spots for the show. I will purchase the bus tickets and make dinner reservations ahead of time as well. It is still early, so if there is a big interest in this trip, I will try to get more tickets. But for now, it is first-come-first-serve. If you are interested, just call, email, or comment on this post (make sure I have either your phone # or email address). I can't wait!