Next Wednesday, Jan 5, Camille is scheduled to have eye surgery.
She doesn't do it all the time, but these pictures give examples of how her eyes diverge when looking at a distance.....especially if she is also looking up. The surgery pulls in a tiny muscle from beside each eye, forcing her eyes inward....and hopefully also forcing them to work together. Her ophthalmologist said her vision is actually quite good, but her eyes are not working together. The longer we wait, the more her brain is engrained with the compensation of shutting off one eye so she doesn't see two images.
She will be put under general anesthesia and will come home after a few hours. She should be "herself" within 24 hours. We may notice her eyes overcompensating by turning inward for a short time, but that should correct in 48 hours. The surgery has an 85% chance of working. If it doesn't work, she may need a second surgery.
Please pray with us that Camille's surgery will go well...
1. That she will not have any complications from the anesthesia
2. That the Lord will guide the surgeon's hands
3. That the surgery will work
4. That Patrick and I will have peace that the Lord is in control through the whole process.
5. That with the myriad of illnesses flying around, she will be healthy before and after surgery.