It seems tags are no longer limited to the blogging world. The facebook world is on a tagging frenzy! I've been tagged for several meme's, and since I've been in a bit of a blogging rut, I thought this would be a good time to play along.
The rules for this one are to answer the questions based on your first born...
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes, but not in my timing. We struggled with infertility for what felt like forever. God's timing is perfect though.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Thankfulness, elation, pure joy
4. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 28 when I found out, 29 when I gave birth
5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Had a feeling...took a test.
6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Patrick (I surprised him at work. I brought him dinner at the hospital while he was on call and asked him to come to the car to help me carry it inside. I gave him a card that talked about what a great guy he is...blah, blah...and I ended it with "and I know you'll make a great..." Then he opened a present and found the + test!).
7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Nope...I LOVE surprises.
8. DUE DATE? March 5, 2007
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Very rarely. I had to snack a lot and take my time eating some meals, but I only threw up a few times.
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Nothing throughout, but occasionally... Chic Fil A nuggets, anything with Velveeta, french fries (with lots of ketchup), and vegetables.
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Having to wake up to roll over, people telling me I looked like I was ready to pop....are you carrying two....and other such insensitive nonsense.
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? my sweet baby girl
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Nope...I REALLY wanted a girl.
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? I don't know if it's good or bad that I don't know the answer to this. I know I stayed in the normal range. I don't really care much about what I weigh. I care about how my clothes fit.
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes. (work, friends and family in PA, friends and family in MD, church, and residents in Patrick's class)....yeah, we were blessed.
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about all of them.
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? We had to have a special ultrasound because at her 20 week one they thought her stomach was "slightly enlarged." If you saw how this girl can eat...you would understand. ;o) Other than that, it was pretty normal.
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Andrews Air Force Base
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 24 hours!!! (3am to 3am)
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Patrick
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Patrick, my mom, my family practice doc that delivered Adeline, the best nurse in the world, and various other medical people.
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Nope! I highly recommend the Bradley Method.
24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7lbs. 11oz.
25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? February 27, 2007
26. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Adeline Kate
27. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 23 1/2 months...she'll be 2 in two weeks!
I had a cute picture to add here, but blogger is not cooperating with picture loading tonight.